https://www.facebook.com/pages/Parents- ... 3177045927
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:57 pm
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:33 pm
- Location: Chicago
Occupy Chicago Parents Meet-Up
Meeting opened with a general discussion and ideas on how to get more parents and children involved in the Occupy Chicago movement.
Ideas and future topics to consider:
• Organizing a Kid Zone area at LaSalle and Jackson and having kids and parents march to the General assembly.
• If Occupy Chicago will have indoor space would they consider having a “kids zone”
• Create an environment that would help parents overcome a fear or perception of violence
• Encouraging Children to have their own ideas, promoting positive values and virtues
• Getting donations for art activities, cart for supplies, winter projects and logistics for transporting and storing
• Website for promoting group and getting others involved
• How will we gain media attention
• Coloring book or letters for Children to send to public officials
• Have a Kids parade- funny hats, posters, winter walk sleds and flashlights
• Create a Top 10 list on why parents would involve their children
• Creative question to solicit parents to submit their reasons for involvment and select top 10 to post on website, posters and flyers
• Ask parents to post flyers at local parks and areas where other parents could be notified of the group and upcoming events
• Create a new twitter account (hash tag)
• Link into the Occupy Chicago Website to create a discussion group for Occupy Chicago Parent Group
1. Date Set for First Meeting at LaSalle and Jackson DECEMBER 3, 2011 @ 5PM
b. Still need to organize activity – such as kids create posters/noisemakers (eco friendly)
2. Autumn will contact Occupy Chicago to attempt a connect with the housing committee to start dialogue regarding winter indoor space for the group
3. Steve will start website
a. Has asked for content to be provided – should revisit based on ideas listed above
4. Nora will start on questions to post feedback for the 10 ten reasons parents should involve children or why they should come to the rally
5. Poster/Banner/Flyers will be created listing the top ten reasons – Autumn has connection for the creation
6. Twitter Account was created need to confirm all accounts are in synch and threads are established via occupy Chicago website ??
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:06 am
- Location: Oak Park
Our first event will be to join the Occupy Chicago protest on Saturday, Dec. 3rd at 5pm. The location will be the Chicago Board of Trade Building at LaSalle and Jackson, (Pink Line to Quincy and Wells). We parents and children will then march to Congress and Michigan with the others in the protest.
We are thinking about doing this once a month. There are other plans in the making including indoor meetings with coloring books, art supplies and goofiness.
We have just created a website, it might not be up yet, the address is
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:09 pm
Should I have asked you all before doing this? I did all of it before reading the thread and realizing you all were here. Either I did something wrong or I accidentally did some publicist work. LOL.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:44 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests