My name is Duffy, and I am an activist participating at the Occupation in Austin, TX. What follows is a basic outline of a strategy, which if implemented, would demonstrate the full power of the Occupy Movement, and the 99%. We can fight money with money if we use sound tactics. We need not even break one law. Capitalism has given us all the rope we need.
The Occupy Movement should pursue a strategy in which allocated capital is used to "short sell" Bank of America. What this means, is that we will use money to basically make stock trades that "bet" that Bank of America's stock price will drop. Following the purchase of these trades, the Occupy movement should put the weight of its efforts into disrupting Bank of America's business activities. This should be done as follows.
1. Press releases should be released making it clear that all who support the Occupy Movement should pull their money out of Bank of America accounts. Further, the Occupy Movement should double it's efforts to help the general public move their money from Bank of America either to local credit unions, or out of the banking industry altogether for those willing.
2. Businesses and municipalities should be encouraged to move their money out of Bank of America. Even if they don't support the Occupy Movement, they should be made aware they keeping their money in Bank of America accounts will likely result in financial hardship when Bank of America does finally go under.
3. In relation to the above two points, the general population as well as businesses owners should be made aware not only of the crimes of Bank of America, but of their fiscal insolvency and exposure to derivatives risk, especially in relation to failing foreign nations and institutions. More clearly said, people need to realize that Bank of America is going down with or without our action, and it's smart to get out while they still can.
4. Regular protests, sit-ins, flash mobs, and other physical human activity should be applied to pre-occupy Bank of America staff. The more we bother them and disrupt them, the less time they have to work, the more frustrated their employees and customers will be, and the less money they will make.
5. Low level Bank of America employees should be assisted in finding employment elsewhere, either at local credit unions or banks, or in other similar industries. They can also be assisted with food donations, etc.
6. Our strategy should be made publicly and vociferously. If investors become wary of Bank of America's prospects in light of our activity, they will also begin selling Bank of America stock, as well as "short selling" it, placing put options against it, etc. This momentum will make the Bank of America collapse a self fulfilling prophecy.
7. If our strategy is public, rogue groups such as Anonymous can put their strength into disrupting Bank of America's business activity. The Occupy Movement need make no formal request of anonymous, or any other saboteurs, cyber and otherwise. Those who sympathize and are aware of our strategy will assist us at their own discretion and risk.
8. If our strategy is public, our enemies -- meaning those who throw the force of their efforts into supporting the status quo -- may attempt to "shore up," Bank of America. This is win win for us. If they attempt to financially backstop Bank of America to spite us, then we are getting them to waste their money (and thus power) by investing in a failing institution. If Bank of America collapses, they will lose money and power. If Bank of America doesn't collapse, their money is tied up in propping up an institution they otherwise would not have invested in, thus keeping their money from committing other harms.
If successful, the Occupy trading account will profit from the demise of Bank of America. Profits should be used partially towards assisting low level Bank of America employees who lose their jobs and then require help. They should also go towards shorting and attempting to destroy a second corporation that has demonstrated by its actions to be unscrupulous and downright dangerous to life. My personal vote would be Monsanto. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.
The requirements of this strategy are of course, large amounts of investment capital, a large P.R. campaign, the assistance of people who know how to set up and place trades, and the full backing of Occupy protestors everywhere. Capital can come from donations, large and small. P.R. will be free as the media will be forced to cover the activities of Occupiers who disrupt Bank of America business nationwide.
Again, all that is required is that we spook the markets. Once that happens, as did with Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers, the herd will follow, moving all money away from those institutions, and collapsing them.
(NOTE: I understand that this strategy is not fleshed out in full detail here. My intention with this write up was to get the seed of an idea planted. Please spread this to all Occupy Movements worldwide, and to the alternative press, and blogosphere.)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:42 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
- Daniel Flack
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:34 am
- Location: Chicago
First, nobody can open an account without certain information, like names, addresses, credit references, bank accounts, social security numbers, etc. That puts a lot of crucial detailed information at the hands of the police and any other investigating authority who really wants to know details about membership. Makes ya' wonder whose side you are on.
Second, maybe you ought to take a look at the count of publicly traded stock for BofA. You think a few thousand shares are going to bring them down? More importantly what if the stock increases in value? Know what happens to the money the members put up? It goes zip.
Third, if I were you I would be somewhat discreet about urging others to commit crime on the internet. Manipulating the stock market for gain is a serious crime, one that gets you several years in a federal slam.
Fourth, the nation's problems are no going to be solved by disrupting businesses. They just need to get back on track providing a needed service to the public, at a fair price, for a fair gain. That is the job of Congress which at this point does not even see any reason that people should have jobs. Want meaningful change? Contact your Congressional rep and Senator- tell them you are going to take up residence in their offices if you have no place to go.
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:56 pm
- Location: Chicago
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests