Occupy DePaul has called for a second day of action with a speak out rally to be held at the Statue of Fr. Egan in front of DePaul Student Center, at Sheffield and Belden in Lincoln Park, at 10pm. Come join to protest the proposed tuition hikes that will be voted on the NEXT DAY by the Board of Trustees.
They are also requesting a call in campaign to the Main University number at 312-362-8000, President Rev. Holtschneider at 312-362-8890, the Vice President of Student Affairs at 312-362-8854, the Administrative Chancellor at 312/362-8711, the Provost at 312-362-7560 and the Vice President at 312-362-6695.
Presented Demands of the DePaul Students:
1. IMMEDIATE tuition freeze for all current and incoming students.
2. That Fr. Holtschneider retract his approval of the proposed 2012-2013 budget and tuition increase.
3. That we are granted a meeting with the Board of Trustees, and the SRAC BEFORE the vote on the proposed budget.
4. That the vote this Saturday be post-poned until this meeting is held.
Online Petition Against the Proposed 2012-2013 Tuition Increase: http://www.change.org/petitions/the-administration-of-de-paul-university-freeze-de-paul-universitys-tuition
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 am
- Location: Chicago,IL
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests