NEW PROPOSAL PRESENTATIONS:
- Proposal for Occupy Chicago to start a campaign to cut the number of Chicago Aldermen in half as one way to tackle Chicago's budget issues.
- Proposal for Occupy Chicago to hold protests at each Congressmen's office to urge them to take action to fix our fiscal issues.
- Proposal for Occupy Chicago to endorse the "Robin Hood Tax".
- Proposal to end the Occupy Chicago "Saturday Neighborhood Touring GA" AFTER our second week in El Barrio - Pilsen on 10/13/12 and return to Congress and Michigan until we decide on our winter plans. To be voted on at Wednesdays GA (10/3).
PROPOSALS UP FOR VOTE:
PASSED - Proposal for Occupy Chicago to endorse the October 15th event "From Tents to Homes: Celebrating Eviction Resistance" that Occupy Rogers Park and Occupy El Barrio had been planning. Event Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/500818669928488/
PASSED - Proposal for Occupy Chicago working groups and committees to rotate meeting "leadership" (moderator, stack taker, and note taker, etc.) every meeting to maintain our horizontal structure, help train others in these rolls, and to make sure no one is burdened with taking a roll meeting after meeting.
- Discussion on charges being dropped against 92 Occupy Chicago members for Oct. 2011 Encampment.
- Discussion on how the "Saturday Neighborhood Touring GA" has been going so far.