Occupy Chicago – 10am Emergency GA Minutes
Date / Time: 10/4/2011 10am
Location: Jackson and LaSalle
- Press release concerning staying mobile and moving.
- Everyone needs the National Lawyers guild hotline: 773-309-1198
Reads press release.
- Move or risk citation or Arrest.
Cannot remain stationary.
We must mobilize. Locate different places. Remain mobile.
Plan of action decides at emergency GA at 2:30 last night:
- comply with police. Mobile occupation carts.
- The movement will become mobile.
In light of this we need box truck
- Someone volunteers one.
- Plan of action decides at emergency GA at 2:30 last night:
Stack: Storage question: how far away?
- Ideally what we are looking for is one in west loop that can serve both as warming center and storage.
Stack: Question: have we spoken with lawyers?
- Yes we have.
- We plan to stay here.
- Stack: committee to plan civil disobedience in resposne?
Stack: Dick Riley, Chicago independent media.
- Existing law is moving picket line.
- Congressional hotel example
- Must have stategy to park stuff until you have the numbers to force it.
- Anti-war March will bring a thousand people on Saturday.
- Idea is that there is a presence here.
- Maintaining visibility is the Key.
- Stack: outreach committee is on this and should handle the discussion of civil disobedience. Strategy must stay together.
- Stack: I get that we can’t do small movements? What can we do now to keep it legal?
- Stack: our current tactic is not sustainable. We will stay here but our stuff will not. We will be organized and patient. We will not be seen as rabble rousers.
- We must mobilize. Locate different places. Remain mobile.
- Stack: What is our housing situation?
Stack: Organizing our presence.
- Movement center called Grace place. Church that headquarters a number of organizations. Three stories. We should get in touch with them. [This solves problem post meeting].
- Must work out the schedule for a permanent presence. This is the most important thing. The whole world knows about it. It is not the presence of our sleeping bags, but us that counts.
- Stack: Watch out for people who are trying to incite violence.
Stack: question: is there a plan for scheduled marches.
- Housing it is up to us. Marches outreach committee plans it.
- Stack: Putting the minutes online. Read minutes and disseminate this information.
- Stack: One of the things we have a big issue about is a number of homeless people who are not part of the movement taking advantage of our materials.
- Stack: Cab drivers union offers help with transportation.
- Stack: Everyone needs the National Lawyers guild hotline: 773-309-1198
- Stack: “Homeless problem” discussion. The homeless are our comrades, we need not disparage them.
- Stack: Whatever the workshop is tonight, can someone take the minutes?