The following is a minute taken by the secretariat team during today’s 3pm General Assembly.
- MOTION TO TABLE PASSED – Conflict resolution committee within the group
- VOTE PASSES (4 nos) – No topic may be proposed without prior discussion and a formal written proposal
- Demonstration of procedure
- New Topic - Pledge for dominant members of the group. They are a resource, but not a legislative body. However organization is key as we grow.
- New Topic - Someone from Occupy Wallstreet proposed idea for broad inclusiveness – Go in a circle and shout out where you’re from.
New Topic - Health/Safety announcements:
- If someone needs to sleep or eat remind them to do so
- Safety issues – Use the buddy system
- Sleeping is not allowed at HQ – against Chicago laws
New Topic - October 8th Rally to end war in Afghanistan – in front of Obama campaign headquarters
- Anti-War coalition recognizing the Occupy movement
New Topic - Voting issues presented to be voted on at 7pm GA
- Press release
- Press conference on Thursday – movement or representative
- We are not against one person
New Topic - Open issues to vote on
Conflict resolution committee within the group
- MOTION TO TABLE PASSED
- De facto leadership – centralization of decision making Powers make a tyranny
GAs should be well thought out ideas. Use the discussion forum on the site to talk through ideas.
- Stack - Proposal to make a check-in for people to leave their name online & at meetings so we have a count of them and can count their vote.
Vote taken – No topic may be proposed without prior discussion and a formal written proposal.
- VOTE PASSED (4 nos)
- Conflict resolution committee within the group
- New Topic - Be aware of “fake” websites
- New Topic - Problem of awareness that Occupy movement is happening – everyone go out and tell others.
- New Topic - Tech team – forums are improving daily and should be used for discussion. The format is a blog. If you want to contribute, join the tech committee. Other ways to be heard – email group. This is a non-violent movement so no violent posts.
- New Topic - Sidewalk chalk is a violation of city code. Only using it for organizational purposes not for messages about movement or voicing opinion.
- New Topic - To help with names use name tags – in the Information and First Aid Center tent.
- New Topic - Everyone should bring their own eating/drinking vessels to limit trash/help environment. Everyone must keep space clean including cigarette butts on the ground. Trash and other bins are labeled so use them.
- New Topic - Proposed written rules and procedures.